On campus substance use is on the rise.
- Over 1,800 college students suffer alcohol related deaths each year.
- Twenty-three percent of all students admit to using an illicit drug in the last month.
On-Campus Substance Use Is On the Rise
College Students Admit To Binge Drinking In The Last 30-days
Use of Amphetamines, Like Adderall, Skyrocketed Over 10% Among Students
Students Experience Some Degree Of Alcohol-related Sexual Assault Or Rape
Students Admit To Using An Illicit Drug In The Last Month
Only A Fraction Are Receiving Any Treatment
- Nearly 1 in 5 of college students meet the clinical criteria of alcohol abuse or dependency – significantly higher than their non–college peers
- According to the National Drug Institute, ONLY 4% of those individuals will ever actually receive any substance abuse treatment in their lifetime
Substance Use is Costing Universities
- Strains limited campus resources and security staff
- Drains financial resources, including costly litigation
- Damages the institution’s brand, integrity and social standing
- Decreases student contribution to campus life, athletics and academic achievement
- Reduces graduation rates
- Reduces alumni success rates, and ultimately, donor contributions
Why Are So Few Students Getting The Help They Need?
IT’S COSTLYA typical 28 day in-patient or out-patient treatment program ranges from $20,000-$100,000
RARELY WORKSOn average 80% relapse within the first 30 days and 90% within the first 6 months
TIME CONSUMINGMost treatment requires advanced planning and a minimum of 28 days removed from classes, family, and daily responsibilities community and campus peers
STIGMATIZINGAdmitting to a problem has the potential to compromise one’s standing amongst family, peers and campus staff
DIFFICULT TO MEASURE RESULTSThere is currently no national standard of measuring success leading to an increase of unpaid insurance claims.
A Cost Effective Solution
- First of its kind, 365-day Virtual Recovery System – one-click away
- Patent pending early warning screening tool
- State-of-the-art, interactive video educational series and integrated web- based application
- Completely automated and fully customizable
- Highly measurable, data-driven results
- Incorporating “smart,” self improving technology
- Offering the exclusive Full Recovery Relapse Prevention Program
- Freedom 365 is HIPAA and FERPA compliant, encrypted and secure.
Field Tested Screening Tool
- Patent-pending early warning screening tool
- Ability to digitally send to all currently enrolled students and staff
- Completely automated, providing private and secure results
- Delivers immediate results and recommends Freedom 365 Virtual Recovery System, if applicable
- Customizable Administrator notification of screening results
Track Completion and Success Rates
- Customizable admin dashboard to manage entire system
- Track program participation and completion
- Pull custom usage reports for your institution
- Distribute early-warning assessments and manage licenses